Nutrient Management Planning
This workshop has been designed to help farmers understand and apply the principles of Nutrient Management Planning. Join Grainne McCarney from CAFRE to increase your knowledge of nutrient management planning to make the best use of fertiliser and manure while complying with the requirements of the Nitrates and Phosphorus Regulations.
It is recommended that you attend this workshop before the Computerised Nutrient Management Planning course.
This workshop will help farmers to:-
- Understand the importance of Nutrient Management Planning
- Carry out soil sampling and interpret soil analysis
- Understand the value of fertiliser and manures
- Establish the crop requirement for Nitrogen and Phosphate of crops
- Be aware of the records needed by the Nitrates regulations.
This talk are free and supported by Newry, Mourne and Down District Council, Northern Ireland Environment Agency, Ring of Gullion Landscape Partnership and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Event has past.