Taste the Island Tourism Events Scheme 2019
Taste the Island Tourism Events Scheme 2019 is open for applications on Monday 17 June 2019 at 12 noon and will close for applications on Monday 8 July 2019 at 12 noon.
Tourism NI have developed a scheme for festivals and events to support the Taste the Island celebrations in 2019.
The scheme has been designed to identify proposals that celebrate Northern Ireland’s food and drink whilst encouraging regional and seasonal spread of visitors. Northern Ireland has an existing calendar of food and drink events that are relevant to Taste the Island and this scheme will examine the opportunities for new or elevated events that will motivate visitors to travel during the Taste the Island timescale, 1September – 30 November 2019.
To be eligible to apply to the Taste the Island Tourism Events Scheme 2019, events must satisfy the below parameters:
- Total visitor numbers greater than 1,000
- Events must have an overall minimum income of £30,000 through ticket sales, private sponsorship, other public sector, merchandise etc (prior to receiving support from Tourism NI)
- Events must have an overall minimum expenditure of £30,000 (prior to receiving support from Tourism NI)
- Demonstrate how the event will showcase the authentic Northern Ireland food and/or drink (new or uplift of existing element/s)
- Demonstrate how the event will support, promote and celebrate Taste the Island initiative
- Sponsorship support available £3,000 (inclusive of VAT) – £10,000 (inclusive of VAT)
- In-kind support not included in the budget
To see Guidelines for Applicants for Taste the Island Tourism Events Scheme 2019, Click here.
All applicants wishing to apply to the scheme, Click here.
For information on the Taste the Island toolkit, Click here.
UK Mega Event Policy Framework
In 2017, the UK Mega Event Policy Framework was developed in partnership by the country’s lead major event organisations, and will seek to ensure that the world’s biggest events continue to be regularly hosted in the UK. Objectives set out within the framework will help identify long-term mega event hosting targets across the UK, reduce the likelihood of bidding and delivery conflict and enhance collaboration and co-hosting opportunities in an increasingly devolved UK landscape.
UK Mega Event Policy Framework (pdf download)
Events Strategic Vision for Northern Ireland
This strategy aims to provide a clear vision and to support the events industry and strengthen the position of Northern Ireland as a must-see destination.
Events Strategic Vision to 2020 (pdf download)