Arts Council of Northern Ireland’s Equipment and Minor Refurbishment Programme
The Arts Council has designed this programme to enable organisations to purchase equipment and/or carry out minor refurbishment to their premises which will enhance their artistic services.
We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work. Particular priority will be given to equipment and minor refurbishment which
- improves the accessibility of the arts;
- improves the direct delivery of arts provision;
- enhances or broadens the audience/participants’ experience of arts programming; or
- raises the quality of the artistic work produced.
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, please note the following:
- You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation, (for example, community groups may apply to the scheme), however, the purpose of the requested equipment or refurbishment must be clearly focussed on the arts.
- Local authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
- Registered charities and other fully constituted organisations which cannot distribute a profit are eligible to apply.
- Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the equipment /refurbishment is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
- If your organisation has a limited membership you must show that the equipment/refurbishment will benefit the wider public.
- Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects may apply.
The deadline for receipt of applications to this programme is 4pm on Thursday 20 June 2019. Click here to apply.