Spirit of Northern Ireland Awards 2019
Brought to you in partnership with Specsavers, the Sunday Life Spirit of Northern Ireland awards pay tribute to those who make Northern Ireland a better place with their selfless acts and inspirational deeds. High on emotion and packed with celebrities, these awards are a dazzling opportunity to recognise local people who have done extraordinary things.
Tickets to our glittering awards ceremony on Wednesday 5th June will be available here. With entertainment, celebrity guests, drinks reception and sumptuous 4 course meal, it’s sure to be a night to remember!
To nominate a worthy individual or group of people for an award, simply fill out the form here, ensuring you adhere to the entry rules and conditions.
Spirit of NI Award categories
- Unsung Hero: Someone whose great deed or deeds have previously gone unnoticed, but who will have made a major contribution to your life or to your community.
- Overcoming Adversity: Someone who has overcome huge personal challenges, whether it is dealing with illness or disability or overcoming problems.
- Spirit of Youth: Someone under the age of 18 who should be recognised for their special achievements.
- 999 Hero: A member of the emergency services who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in their job.
- Charity Champion: Someone who has worked tirelessly for a charity or as a fundraiser for many years.
- Spirit of Health: A medical professional who has gone the extra mile to improve the health and wellbeing of their patients.
- Spirit of Education: This award recognises a truly inspirational teacher who has helped children and young people to fulfil their potential.
- Caring Spirit Award: A person, young or old, who has dedicated their time to caring for a friend or family member.
- Spirit of Sport: Someone who has made an exceptional contribution to local sport over a number of years.
- Special Recognition Award: Someone who represents the Spirit of Northern Ireland by selflessly serving others and being an inspiration to us all.
Rules and Conditions for entry
- Entries must be received no later than midnight on 25th April 2019.
- Entries must be made using the official online entry form and should be no longer than 100 words.
- You can nominate any group or individual currently living in Northern Ireland.
- You can enter a group or individuals in as many of the 10 categories as apply.
- Before nominating an individual who is under the age of 18, you must first seek permission from their parent or guardian, providing their name in the nominations form. No communications will be entered into with minors.
- Sunday Life reserves the right to add and amend nominations, for example, in the instance of a nomination being more suitable for another category.
- Entry information, excluding personal data, will be shared with our judging panel in order to decide on a shortlist for each category.
- The judging panel may rely on published information and facts that are in the public domain when considering entries.
- The opinion of the judging panel in all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Those who have nominated an individual or group for an award who have been shortlisted will be notified on the week commencing 1st May 2019. It will then be their responsibility to alert the entrant of their nomination and pass on our contact information to them so that we can progress arrangements for the awards event which will take place on Wednesday 5th June 2019.
- Consent will be sought from shortlisted nominees to share their personal data with UTV, UTV’s group companies and affiliates as required for the purposes of filming. This is required in order for UTV to produce footage for the event itself and the televised awards show.
- Information supplied may be used on the awards evening and in the Sunday Life Spirit of Northern Ireland Awards post-event supplement, edited and published by Independent News and Media Northern Ireland.
- No employees of Specsavers, UTV or Independent News & Media or their families are eligible to enter.
- Queries can be directed to [email protected] .